IT Desktop Technician required to join our small but growing IT Services and Consultancy company based in North Bristol. The role offer training, development and the chance to join an experienced team with a broad technical knowledge base.
Key Skills: Service Desk Technician, IT Support, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, 1st/ 2nd Line Support.
-Minimum of 2 years working within Desktop Support or similar technical support role
-Experience of providing IT support to organisations
-Managing Active Directory and Group Policy
-Proven track record of supporting Windows 10 and Office 2013 or later
-Passionate about Desktop support and keen to learn
This is a varied role that combines both technical and commercial elements – they are a combined help-desk & IT support post with lots of varied and interesting projects. On the technical side you will provide remote help, over the phone and occasionally on site help on a 1st and 2nd Line basis. Commercially, you will clearly communicate to end users through e-mail, via the telephone and in face to face meetings.
A combined help-desk & IT support post with lots of varied and interesting projects. On the technical side you will provide remote help, over the phone and occasionally on site help on a 1st and 2nd Line basis. Commercially, you will clearly communicate to end users through e-mail, via the telephone and in face to face meetings.
The company prides itself on being able to offer the right candidate an exceptional career move. You will be exposed to a wide range of technology and receive comprehensive training to cover software, hardware and business networks. A company Director will mentor you and develop you so that you can work independently but with the support of the company. Typical work for this company is hosting, hardware + software support, consultancy, modernisation projects (including cloud), web-site and Software application, technical support, and proactive support though remote monitoring and management tools.
EC Computers are looking for this IT Support person to join their small and friendly team. Our candidates should be friendly and personable, with common sense and are confident, not shy, and willing to be flexible and work outside of normal office hours (occasional weekend work). Ability to work in a small team and independently is essential
Desirable: A full, current UK driving licence (Must have own transport)
Your previous roles may have included:
- IT Manager for SMEs, Junior or Senior
- IT Technician / Engineer supporting businesses
- 2 years’ experience as a Helpdesk or field support engineer
- IT Support Engineer to have at least 5 years’ experience as a field support engineer
- Live in the North Bristol area
* Experience with supporting users on MS Windows (XP up to Windows 10), Office 2013 to 2019 and 365 applications, Accounts packages, Printers, and dealing with IT users on business networks.
* Experience in providing remote, phone, on-site and email support.
* Experience in Windows Server administration (2008 onwards), building Windows desktops to-spec from scratch, configuring routers, installing networks, printers and file-servers, working with Windows Server Domain-based networks. Troubleshooting browsers, networking and routers.
* Servicing machines back to health.
* Setup or support of Office 365, Hosted Exchange or other cloud technologies.
* Backup systems, data recovery, and encryption.
* Virtual environments VM and Hyper-V
*Good knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VLAN, DHCP, DNS, VPN
* Any Experience in the maintenance and administration of websites and databases would be desirable but NOT essential (Wordpress, Joomla, HTML, PHP, CSS, MS Access, SQL).
* A Fast typing speed (>60WPM) would also be beneficial but is NOT essential.
* The position calls for flexible attitude as each member is required to adapt to work loads and be prepared to participate at all grades of work as required.
– In addition to a Support role this position will require commercial awareness with the opportunity to be active in providing solutions and upgrades for clients.