COVID-19 - Following the Government’s announcement around safe return to work for some businesses, EC Computers confirm we will resume site visits of non-critical orders, where it is safe to do so.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation EC Computers are minimising contact between our clients and staff to protect health and reduce risk of infection. We want to make you aware of some changes to our/suppliers processes to ensure we keep you and our engineers safe. We also have a couple of things to ask you to ensure we can provide service as quickly and safely as possible.
We have detailed some further information below, but if you have any questions at all please contact our EC Team who will be happy to help.
If our Support Team feel that a site visit is required there are some requirements that our customers need to be aware of to ensure the visit can take place successfully and safely.
What do my customers need to do?
Social distancing and the creation of a safe working environment are paramount to ensure the wellbeing of all parties. Please communicate the following requirements to your staff and provide answers to the following in order to ensure a safe site visit can go ahead:
- Will the building/floor/work area be empty? If not, how many people are on site?
- Will EC Computers' engineers be able to maintain a 2m safe working distance at all times?
- Is anyone on site self-isolating?
- Does anyone on site have symptoms related to COVID-19?
- Is it possible to make a green route available for the engineers on site, in order to avoid contact with others?
- What are your site safety protocols?
- Do you require visitors to wear PPE? If so, how do the engineers access this?
On the day of the visit
- Before arriving, our engineer will contact your designated contact asking a number of screening questions to identify if any circumstances have changed. Please be aware that even if your policies do not require it, our engineer may put on a mask and/or gloves.
- Please ask all staff to keep 2 meters social distancing from the engineer and if possible move to a different room.
- Once the engineer has finished working they will wipe down any surface they have touched before leaving
We are pleased to share this positive news with you, as this marks a big step in helping many customers and businesses to start to get back up and running following a period of intense uncertainty and difficulty.We will continue to post any updates here and on our social channels
All at EC Computers send our best wishes to all those affected by the Covid-19 panademic.