We are looking to expand our team and have two IT Support Job s Bristol vacancies available:
IT Desktop Support Technician & IT Support Customer Engineer (Technical Support for SMEs)
IT Desktop Technician (Primarily Office based) and IT Support Customer Engineer (Primarily Field based) required to join our small but growing IT Services and Consultancy company based in North Bristol. The two roles both offer training, development and the chance to join an experienced team with a broad technical knowledge base.
These varied roles combine both technical and commercial elements – they are a combined help-desk & IT support post with lots of varied and interesting projects. On the technical side you will provide remote help, over the phone and on site help on a 1st and 2nd Line basis. Commercially, you will clearly communicate to end users through e-mail, via the telephone and in face to face meetings.
The company prides itself on being able to offer the right candidate an exceptional career move. You will be exposed to a wide host of technology and receive comprehensive training to cover software, hardware and business networks. A company Director will mentor you and develop you so that you can work independently but with the support of the company. Typical work for this company is hosting, hardware and software support, consultancy, modernisation projects (including cloud), web-site and Software application, technical support, and proactive support though remote monitoring and management tools.
EC Computers are looking for these two IT Support personnel to join their small and friendly team. Our candidates should be friendly and personable, with common sense and are confident, not shy, and willing to be flexible and work outside of normal office hours (occasional weekend work). Ability to work in a small team and independently is essential
IT Support Jobs Bristol requirements
Desirable: A full, current UK driving licence (IT Support Engineer use of company vehicle)
Your previous roles may have included:
– IT Manager for SMEs, Junior or Senior
– IT Technician / Engineer supporting businesses
– 3 years’ experience as a Helpdesk or field support engineer
– IT Support Engineer to have at least 5 years’ experience as a field support engineer
– Live in the Bristol area
* Experience with supporting users on MS Windows (XP up to Windows 10), Office 2007 to 2016 and 365 applications, Accounts packages, Printers, and dealing with IT users on business networks.
* Experience in providing remote, phone, on-site and email support.
* Experience in Windows Server administration (2008 onwards), building Windows desktops to-spec from scratch, configuring routers/firewalls, installing networks, printers and file-servers, working with Windows Server Domain-based networks. Troubleshooting browsers, networking and routers.
* Servicing PC/Servers/printers back to health.
* Cabling and infrastructure planning
* Setup and support of Office 365, Hosted Exchange or other cloud technologies.
* Backup systems, data recovery, and encryption.
* Virtual environments VM and Hyper-V
*Good knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VLAN, DHCP, DNS, VPN
* Any Experience in the maintenance and administration of websites and databases would be desirable but NOT essential (WordPress, Joomla, HTML, PHP, CSS, MS Access, SQL).
* Desirable Qualifications:. Microsoft MCPs/MCSA (Desktop, Server or Cloud), Undergraduate degree in Computing/Computer Science considered, A+/N+/S+, Microsoft Small Business certificate
* A Fast typing speed (>60WPM) would also be beneficial but is NOT essential.
* Positive attitude to administration, paperwork and record keeping
* Both positions call for flexible attitude as each member is required to adapt to work loads and be prepared to participate at all grades of work as required.
IT Support Customer Engineer (additional requirements):
– Knowledge of File servers from a specification for the purpose to implementation planning, logistic planning and installation with support and software and hardware repairs
– In addition to a Support role this position will require commercial awareness with the opportunity to be active in providing solutions and upgrades for clients.
Please submit your details and up-to-date cv to:
Agencies, please do not contact us